New Home Communities
Why you should have a realtor when purchasing New Construction
Hiring us as your advisor for building a home is a FREE to you. If you are interested in buying a home from a builder or having a new home built for you please contact us BEFORE you visit the model home or speak to a builder’s representative. If you sign in at any builder’s model home we CANNOT represent you. Builders have a strict policy that eliminates your REALTOR if you do not register with us as your agent prior to your visit. Given the expertise we offer in new home construction you do not want to be left to go through the process alone.
Top 10 Reasons you should hire a REALTOR with experience in New Home Construction.
1. IT’s FREE to you. The Builder, as does every seller pay a REALTOR’S commission – Not the buyer. Why wouldn’t you want an expert to represent you with one of the biggest purchases you will ever make?
2. Builder’s Agents can only sell homes in the communities that they work in. All the information that they provide to you is going to paint that community in the best light possible because they cannot sell you any home anywhere else. There may be a better option for you just around the corner and without a REALTOR you will never know about it.
3. New Home Sales Agents are employees of the builder. Although builder reps are the primary person who will help you with the construction of a new home. Their loyalty to their employer must take priority over their relationship with you.
4. Delaware does not require Builder’s Agents to have a Real Estate License. REALTORS are required to complete a course with a state certified Real Estate school, pass a state mandated exam, pass a criminal back ground check, hold an active license with the state and are required to take continuing education classes each year. There are no state requirements for Builder’s Agents in Delaware.
5. Most Builders do not report their sales to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). The MLS is what feeds real estate transaction information to sites like Realtor.com, Zillow.com, and Trulia.com They will use the MLS to advertise homes for sale but the final contract prices will not appear in the MLS or any of the websites consumers use to make informed decisions to help them purchase. Your REALTOR will be the best advocate to help you get the best price.
6. Option prices are not published and most builders will not give you a complete option list until after you have signed a contract and given a substantial deposit. Option prices can vary greatly from one builder to the next. Your REALTOR can keep you informed as to which builders offer the best prices for options and for total market value.
7. The Builder’s Agent will NOT be with you through the entire process. Most Builder’s Agents are only with you for the first two mandatory meetings. Your REALTOR can go to all of the required meetings with you. Those meetings are:
1. Contract Signing
2. Final Selections
3. Mortgage Application
4. Pre-Construction Meeting
5. Pre-Drywall wall Walk Through
6. Pre-Settlement Inspection
8. 30 Post Closing Inspection
9. 1 year Drywall Inspection
8. Not all homebuilders are the same. Some provide better service than others, some have better construction processes, some use better materials, some have better reputations, and some offer better prices. A REALTOR can help you find one that offers the best overall home for the best overall value to fit your needs.
9. Most builders have their own mortgage company or a fixed relationship with an approved lender. Often times there is an additional incentive tied to that lender. Different lenders offer different financing programs. The Builder’s Agent is only going to highlight the benefits of using their lender and not help you explore the options other lenders may offer.
10. A BUILDER’S AGENT is going to tell you that buying a home RIGHT NOW from THEM in THEIR COMMUNITY using THEIR LENDER without the representation of a REALTOR is the best decision for you and your family regardless of what else is going on in the market or what other options are available to you because that is what the builder pays them to do.
You Deserve to be fully informed of ALL of YOUR options!
Hire the New Construction EXPERTS at Delaware Realty Group to represent you with the biggest purchase you may ever make.